Wednesday 30 May 2012

Love Letter #6

Hey guys, it's time for another one of my weekly(ish) wrap-ups of awesome stuff!


All the sunny weather lately (now sadly gone!) has got me thinking about getting a new swimsuit - I love all the ones in this fancy 50s ad!


This cabinet set, found via SF Girl by Bay, is just amazing.  It would instantly make any home look unique and beautiful!


As much as I love the Harry Potter series, I've never been the biggest fan of the British covers - these covers of the Swedish editions by artist Alvaro Tapio are probably about 200% more badass!  It was hard to pick a favourite but Buckbeak and those super-creepy dementors give this one the edge over the other six.  See the rest here!


I couldn't feature Harry Potter without linking to one of my favourite artists, Brittney Lee.  This adorable owlery scene and most of her other pieces are made entirely from cut, folded and multilayered paper, it's a pretty incredible style!


I probably talk about Modcloth too much on this blog, but I couldn't resist sharing this - the fitted shape, the peter pan collar and the cute apple print means that it ticks all my boxes for a perfect dress!


These deer-shaped pylons make structures that are usually seen as an eyesore into awesome art.


I would love to have these cute 1960s illustrations, found via Fawn Gehweiler, framed and up on my wall!


Finally, I can't stop laughing at this photo of Steven Moffat and Benedict Cumberbatch visiting the Marvel Studios, they're so adorably nerdy...  I really hope that the rumours about Benedict being cast for a future Marvel film are true, that would make my life!

On that rather fangirly note, I'll say goodbye!

Faye
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment