Monday 4 June 2012

On the route to becoming Dr. Harland....


I don't speak about my academic life much on this blog, but for the past few months I've been attempting to apply to do further study at the University of Dundee, which has been a slow and painful process!  A good few weeks after I was told I'd hear back, I logged into my email to find out I'd been accepted onto the English postgraduate course, then just a few minutes after that, Laura told me our degree results were up and I found out I'd got a first - best day ever!  I was crying, shaking and speaking to all my friends on Facebook in entirely caps lock for a good two hours, and I still can't believe I'm taking the first steps on my dream career path, after waiting for so long to hear back it all seems so surreal!

 I'm sorry this isn't the most exciting post ever, as well as celebrating getting my degree I started my summer job this week so I've been pretty busy.  I've got a few things lined up for the next few days though!  Hope everyone had (or is having, for my British friends) a great weekend!

Faye
xxx


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the First - I got one too in my Applied Biology degree and I cried all the way home - people on the bus must have thought I'd had a real tragedy haha!

    Gems x

    Don't forget to enter my First Ever Giveaway - Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, congratulations to you too! I am so glad I wasn't in public when I found out, I was a mess! Just took a look at your blog, love it :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is so exciting, and the waiting part must have been so hard! Sounds like everything is aligning for you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had a lot of bad news and setbacks these past few months so it's amazing to feel like everything's finally coming together! :D

      Delete